To submit unpublished writing, please follow instructions at Eco-Writers, a new experimental site.
Already Published (Excerpts at the Dragonfly Library)
We welcome submissions of all green reads–nonfiction, fiction, poetry & prose, graphic novel, and short story excerpts. These will appear at the Dragonfly Library. You may also submit nature writing in the forms of articles and essays. Submissions must have a few notability requirements, including:
- All samples should be well-written, grammatically sound, and interesting.
- Book (excerpt) submissions must have good reviews and ratings in Amazon or Goodreads, favorable reviews in the press, or be written by an already a notable author; the book does not have to be published yet if it meets these qualifications.
- Short story and essay excerpts from anthologies, personal writing, blog posts, etc., are also accepted.
- All submissions must have a strong environmental/nature focus.
Please send us the following details:
- Cover image of the book cover; concept art for short stories is also allowed
- Permission to publish an excerpt (from the author if self-published or from the publisher that holds printing rights)
- Time allowed to have on site (can be indefinite)
- Link for ordering the book
- Book title and author’s name or pen name
- Publication date
- Extract in Word format (no longer than 10 manuscript pages for full-length works, 3 poems for poetry books, and 2 manuscript pages for short stories)
- Author links (social media, blog, book page, press, etc.)
This service is a voluntarily effort to raise awareness of nature and environmental themes in literature. This service costs nothing to authors and is not supported by ad revenue.