Read our May newsletter here and see our news archives here.
- Dragonfly’s May World Eco-fiction spotlight is on Yaba Badoe and her new novel Wolf Light.
- Featured in the Indie Corner is Jaimee Wriston and her novel How Not to Drown. I can’t lie. I am so intrigued by this novel!
- An ongoing invitation to join the Rewilding Our Stories Discord. We’re writing tomorrow’s nature novels and using tools like NaNoWriMo and Winnie Bot’s daily writing goals to help us.
- Rewilding Our Stories began a book club in May and is now reading the wonderful book Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer.
- The Discord community built an Earth Day: What We’re Reading list from our many conversations. Also, check out Dragonfly’s new Book Recommendations section!
- Ecology Action Centre’s spring magazine presents my article celebrating Canadian authors of environmental fiction
- I’m so happy to announce my participation in Scotland’s Cymera Festival. I’ll be joining Bijal Vachharajani, Lauren James, and James Bradley in a panel on writing climate/eco-fictions. This will air on Youtube, June 5.
In Other News